Michelin announces the expansion of its TRAILXBIB tire range, designed specifically for trailed agricultural equipment, with the addition of seven new sizes. Developed in association with farmers, the TRAILXBIB offers improved performance compared to its predecessor*.
Agricultural transport is one of the most destructive stages of the crop cycle for soils, but with its ability to work at very low pressure, the TRAILXBIB tire protects the soil by limiting its compaction and thus ensures better agronomic yields.
The TRAILXBIB tire offers four main benefits:
· A casing design meeting the VF (Very high Flexion) standard, which enables the tire to carry up to 40 per cent more weight than a standard tire at iso-recommended pressure. On the other hand, at iso-load, it can work at lower pressures allowing better protection of the soil.
· An efficient self-cleaning tread pattern, which is especially effective in muddy conditions and therefore reduces mud deposited on roads after field work.
· A central tread rib to ensure regular wear and safe on-road handling.
· MICHELIN ULTRAFLEX** technology is used in the casing design to resist damage, particularly when operating at low inflation pressures.
The TRAILXBIB tire range incorporates ULTRAFLEX technology, which in addition to resisting damage, ensures even weight distribution through the tire contact patch and high levels of soil protection.
This new range of tires for trailed implements enables farmers to equip their entire convoy with ULTRAFLEX technology VF tires. From the tractor axles with the AXIOBIB 2, XEOBIB and YIELDBIB ranges to the trailer axles with TRAILXBIB, users can optimize the efficiency of their operation throughout the crop cycle.
Speaking about the addition of the new sizes, Raymond Tavernari, Agricultural Product Category Manager at Michelin, said: “When this tire was initially launched last year it was the result of collaborations and discussions with our agricultural customers in many countries. We have now extended the range from two to nine sizes and this means we can now offer more of our customers the option to use the TRAILXBIB on more of their implements.”
In addition, the TRAILXBIB range is fully compatible with remote inflation systems which allows the operator to easily adjust tire pressures, including on trailed equipment, in real time and according to the driving surface or soil conditions.
The seven new sizes are:
VF 500/60 R22.5 160D
VF 600/50 R22.5 164D
VF 710/45 R22.5 170D
VF 600/55 R26.5 170D
VF 710/50 R26.5 176D
VF 650/65 R30.5 181D
VF 750/60 R30.5 187D
* Internal 2019 study comparing the TRAILXBIB with the CARGOXBIB High Flotation, in size 650/55 R26.5.
** With a significant flexion capacity of the sidewalls, MICHELIN ULTRAFLEX technology allows use at low pressure. The increased footprint better distributes the load, reduces soil compaction, increases agronomic yield and economic profitability.